Answered By: Rebecca Wolff, Information Last Updated: Feb 20, 2021 Views: 10
To search for and access periodicals and journals through the library online:
- Go to the library homepage, https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/library/
- Select Research Center from the Department Resources index on the left of the page. (You may need to open up the menu icon to see this on a smartphone or tablet).
- Select Research Databases to open up the A-Z Resources page.
- Enter the name of the periodical or journal in the Find a particular journal, magazine, or newspaper title in one of our research sources search box (found on the right-hand side of the screen).
- Select the blue link for the database holding the journal or periodical for the desired date range. Check to make sure access is full-text if needed.
- Enter your library card number.
- Then Search within Publication to locate the specific article.
If the library does not offer access to the journal or periodical you are looking for, we may be able to offer access to an article (entire issues may not be borrowed) from another library system through our interlibrary loan service. For more information about this service, ask at the information desk at any of our library branches.